According to the Craft Yarn Council definitions of skill levels for knitters I have done enough to pass beginner and easy levels and am beginning to work at an intermediate level.
In 2015, I focused on creating my own simple designs and ‘mastered’ a few techniques along the way:
So, here’s celebrating learning to:
- make simple knit and crochet borders
- create simple modular patterns
- vary knit and purl stitches such as seed, two-colour garter, honeycomb
- try colour work in simple stripes and chevrons
- knit in the round
- complete simple shaping and finishing
- develop and document my own designs.
I’ll try to post more techniques and patterns this year. Here’s to stepping up to experienced level!